The legendary route from top to bottom
This is the true test of any cyclist. The route runs from John O’Groats on the very Northernmost tip of the UK right the way down through some of the best scenery in the country to the farthest tip of Cornwall at Land’s End. It has been an iconic challenge for centuries with a primal draw for generations to complete it in some form. Unlike most end-to-end rides, Deloitte Ride Across Britain doesn’t choose the shortest route from A to B. Riders do a few extra miles each day, but this allows us to find the best riding in the UK. From the majesty of the Scottish highlands to the rolling hills and valleys of the Peak District down to the rugged coastline of Cornwall. No other single event manages to string so much exceptional cycling together along so many unknown and hidden back roads. For an in depth view of the route click the route profile above the map to see a stage by stage run through of the whole route.
Dates: 8th to 16th June, 2013
Deloitte Ride Across Britain starts on the 8th June 2013 at John O’Groats and runs until 16th June when riders cross the line at Land’s End. However, riders need to arrive by 6pm on the evening of Friday 7th June at the John O’Groats base camp where they will register for the event, attend the briefing and be shown to their awaiting tent for a good night’s sleep before the off.
The John O’Groats to Land’s End package contains all the Deloitte RAB support that has made the event famous and cemented its reputation as the premier cycling event in the country. It is designed for those people who don’t want to worry about a thing when taking on the epic cycling challenge and from the moment you sign up we do everything possible to ensure you get the best cycling experience out there. Whether it be day by day training programmes that get you to the start line in the best shape of your life, or knowing that your tent, kit bag and a fresh, hot dinner will all await you every day on your arrival at base camp, we take care of every detail so you can just concentrate on an exceptional ride and taking in the beautiful scenery.
Included before the ride:
- Tailored training programmes
- Training advice and support from our expert Route Director
- Online training tools to track progress
- Rider forum
- Exclusive training days
- Special offers on equipment, kit and maintenance costs
- Maintenance and bike fitting guides.
During the ride:
- Full signposting
- Expert chaperone guides
- Cycling assessed groups for group riding.
- 9 nights tented accommodation
- Proper hot showers
- Baggage transfer each day
- Inflatable sleeping mattress
- Isotonic powder & water supply at base camps & pit stops
- Hot breakfast & dinners each day
- Pit stops with snacks
- Full medical support on road & in base camps
- Timing chips with automatic web uploading
- Live race tracking option with a compatible smartphone
- Secure overnight bike storage
- GPX route files
- Broom wagon pick up
- Phone & camera charging facilities
- Professional photographers
We always look to go the extra mile on top of what is listed above and there will no doubt be a few more things to surprise and delight you out on the road if you join us in June.