An epic trip through the Highlands and Loch Valleys
The Scotland Package will get you riding in some of the most remote and beautiful parts of the UK. This is for those without enough time to complete the full course this year, but who are looking for rugged mountains, deserted coastlines and some of the quietest roads you will find anywhere. Taking in the far North of Scotland passing glorious Lochs, over majestic Glen Coe and down to the borders this has something new for even the most seasoned cyclist. It is a true showcase of beautiful Caledonian landscapes. Formed from Days 1-4 of the full course you can explore exactly what is involved by clicking on the stage icons above the map.
Dates: 8th to 11th June, 2013
The Scotland package sets out with all the full course riders on the 8th June, but riders need to arrive at the John O’Groats base camp by 6 pm on the evening of Friday 7th June. They will register for the event, have a hot dinner and meet the other riders before settling in for the night in preparation for an early start.
The Scotland package contains all the usual Deloitte RAB support, but over 4 days of riding as opposed to the full 9 of the classic end-to-end. The event is designed for those people who don’t want to worry about a thing when taking on the epic cycling challenge and from the moment you sign up we do everything possible to ensure you get the best cycling experience out there. Whether it be day by day training programmes that get you to the start line in the best shape of your life, or knowing that your tent, kit bag and a fresh, hot dinner will all await you every day on your arrival at base camp, we take care of every detail so you can just concentrate on an exceptional ride and taking in the beautiful scenery.
Included before the ride:
- Tailored training programmes
- Training advice and support from our expert Route Director
- Online training tools to track progress
- Rider forum
- Exclusive training days
- Special offers on equipment, kit and maintenance costs
- Maintenance and bike fitting guides.
During the ride:
- Full signposting
- Expert chaperone guides
- Cycling assessed groups for group riding.
- 5 nights tented accommodation
- Proper hot showers
- Baggage transfer each day
- Inflatable sleeping mattress
- Isotonic powder & water supply at base camps & pit stops
- Hot breakfast & dinners each day
- Pit stops with snacks
- Full medical support on road & in base camps
- Timing chips with automatic web uploading
- Live race tracking option with a compatible smartphone
- Secure overnight bike storage
- GPX route files
- Broom wagon pick up
- Phone & camera charging facilities
- Professional photographers
We always look to go the extra mile on top of what is listed above and there will no doubt be a few more things to surprise and delight you out on the road if you join us in June. Places are limited for the England and Scotland packages in 2013 and so if you are keen to join us on one of these new options then make sure you register interest and snap them up quickly when they go on sale this September.