Your home away from home
We love the great outdoors and everything it can throw at us. The base camps have traditionally been a mix of green field sites, race courses and school grounds which provide the perfect mix of open spaces, views and a sense of adventure. For those of you who remember camping in a leaking tent in a swamp, don’t be put off. The tents are top quality and the amenities we put on make it feel more glamping than gloomy.
Base Camps have everything you need to rest and recover each day:
- Your own tent for the night
- Powerful hot showers
- Dining area for hot dinner and big breakfast
- Physio centre
- Medical centre
- Mechanical support team
- Cisco NOW van to check emails and internet (tbc)
- Charging points for phones, sat navs, Garmins etc.
- Sports nutrition
- Security guarded bike racking
- Chill out area to relax after a hard day in the saddle
You’ll need to register in person at John O’Groats on Friday 7th June and you’ll be able to enjoy camping accommodation in a base camp that night, close to the start. We’ll be off early Saturday morning but you’ll have time to collect yourself, drop your kit at the luggage vehicles and be on the bike for the off.