Deloitte Ride Across Britain 2018 – Rider Information Hub
Monthly emails – Here’s a recap of the emails we’ve sent you:
January: Read about our Gold Charity Partners
February (1): Time to book bike and rider transport
February (2): Purchase our new event merchandise
May (1): A new and improved route for 2018
June (1): Camping mats are now on sale
August (1): Packing list: what to bring?
August (2): Find out about the pit stops on the route
August (3): Sign up with Pic2Go for your event photos
September (1): Final reminders and packing items
September (2): Good Luck for the challenge ahead!
September (3): A huge congratulations for everything you achieved
Useful info – Find all the useful documents and links on the ride here:
- Instalment payment deadlines
- Event rules and regulations
- Packing list
- Set up your VMG fundraising page
- Camping mats (not provided free of charge for 2018)
- Q&A Key Info
- Nearest Train Stations for Friends and Family
- Plus package hotel list
GPX files and Route maps
- Route Overview
- Stage 1*
- Stage 2*
- Stage 3*
- Stage 4*
- Stage 5*
- Stage 6*
- Stage 7*
- Stage 8*
- Stage 9*
- Website route overview
- Website overview Day 6
- Website overview Day 7
- Website overview Day 8
- *Following the dynamic risk assessment that has been done by Andy Cook, some of the daily routes have changed very slightly. Please be aware that they are still subject to change on the day and so you should be following the route signage and not be relying on the GPX files for navigation.
- Sorry! Laundry purchase is now sold out.
- Laundry Info
- Merchandise – book merchandise from our online shop here. For delivery information, please read through the FAQs.
- Extra Luggage: Classic // Plus N.B. Extra luggage booking does not include a bike box/bike bag, this is a separate booking. Extra luggage bookings close on Sunday, 2nd September at 6pm.
- Pit stop cut off times (30/08/2018) – you must stick to these times so please look through them carefully.
- These have changed slightly following the dynamic risk assessment by Andy Cook, so please look through them again and take note.
- Pit stop food – Here’s a general idea of the types of food you’ll get on the event at pit stops.
Rider numbers and colour zones
Please note this list was updated on Tuesday 21st August. Keep an eye on the Hub for any updated lists. The rider packs were sent out on Thursday, 23rd August, so you should start receiving them in the post soon.
Bike and rider transport
- Rider transport FAQs
- Rider transport timetable*
- To book outbound rider transport, click here
- To book inbound rider transport, click here
- *Please note the 15:30 coach from Newquay Airport has been delayed until 16:10. This is as a result of the flight time changing on the Manchester Airport to Newquay Airport flight.
- Bike transport FAQs
- Bike transport timetable
- To book your bike transport, follow the links in the FAQs
Guide to PR coverage
We know that lots of you have fantastic stories and are in touch with your local newspapers and radio stations. Therefore, we have put together some guidelines to help you achieve the most effective coverage. Please click here for these guidelines.
Join our Facebook forum
Click here for some exclusive offers.
Training – Download your training plan and read some great tips and advice for taking on Deloitte RAB:
We will update this every now and again, so keep an eye on it!
- Rider etiquette
- How to fix a puncture
- Highway Code – rules for cyclists
- Essential Items for Winter Cycling
- Cycling: six ways to survive that long ride
- How to train for long distance cycling events
- Group cycling: the essential guide
- 6 ways to avoid fading on a long ride